This from ChinaAid:
In early April of 2007, the Ministry of Public Security secretly issued to public security departments throughout the country a document entitled “Notice on Strict Background Check on Applicants for the Olympic Games and the Test Events.” This is the origin of the “43-type & 11-category” blacklist.
The 11 categories are…divided into 43 types of people:
Category One: Antagonistic elements
1. Overseas anti-China forces and members of antagonistic organizations.
2. Key figures in ideological disputes.
3. Active participants in illegal prenatal sex identification procedures for non-medical purposes and frequent traffic violators in running red lights and J-walking.
4. Antagonistic elements inside China .
5. Family members of people injured, disabled and killed in unrest and riots who currently still pose a threat.
6. People who have once been sentenced to criminal penalty on conviction of counter-revolutionary activities or other crimes of endangering the security of the state, their immediate family members and people having close contact with them.
7. People who have fled overseas and people they have close contact with.
Category Two: Adherents of Falun Gong, other cult organizations and members of harmful Qigong organizations
1. Adherents of Falun Gong and other cult organizations and people who have once practiced Falun Gong and its derivative breathing exercises.
2. Members from 14 categories of organizations confirmed by the relevant authorities of the state as a cult in the disguise of a religion and members from seven categories of their derivative organizations.
3. Members from 14 categories of Qigong organizations confirmed by the relevant authorities of the state as harmful.
Category Three: Religious extremists and religious infiltrators
1. Members of illegal religious organizations both in China and abroad.
2. Members who have been caught by the Chinese authorities for engaging in illegal religious activities.
3. People who have given illegal sermons.
4. People who illegally distribute religious publications and video/audio materials.
5. People who have illegally established both in China and abroad religious organizations, institutions, schools, sermon sites and other religious entities.
Category Four: Secessionists of ethnic minorities
1. The “three forces” of Xinjiang and their contacts both in China and abroad.
2. Members of Dalai Lama’s exile government and its affiliates.
3. People who have participated in parades, demonstrations and protests for ethnic secessions.
4. Members who have provided funds for ethnic secessionist organizations or activities both in China and abroad.
Category Five: Media employees who can harm the Olympic Games
1. Employees of overseas media working for institutions and organizations hostile to China .
2. Media employees who persist on a long-term basis in their anti-Party attitudes and maliciously vilify the Party and the government.
Category Six: Non-government organizations engaging in activities that pose a threat to the Olympic Games
1. Non-government organizations outside China who have connections with overseas governments and who engage in infiltration, subversion and sabotage against our Party and government.
2. Members of all types of non-government organizations who pose a potential threat to the Beijing Olympic Games.
Category Seven: Dangerous elements, key petitioners and other people who harbor serious grievances against the Party
1. People who harbor serious grievances against our Party and government.
2. People who have repeatedly filed frivolous lawsuits and petitions.
3. People who have complained against China to the foreigners and who collude with overseas forces.
Category Eight: People for whom the judicial authorities have filed a case for investigation or have adopted forced criminal or administrative measures.
1. People for whom the Public Security agencies have filed a case for investigation.
2. People whose residences are under surveillance and who are pending trial on a bail.
3. People who have been detained or arrested on suspicion of crimes and who have been released with the suspicion not fully lifted.
4. All types of people who are on the run from the law or who have escaped from the crime or justice.
5. People who have been listed as wanted and investigated by the authorities or whose name has been circulated for general attention.
6. Criminal suspects to whom border exit restrictions have been applied.
Category Nine: Criminals under surveillance, on probation, parole, medical parole or criminals deprived of their political rights or serving their sentence outside the prison, and people placed in the programs of reformation through labor or serving their sentence outside the reformation centers.
1. Criminals who have been sentenced to surveillance and who have been deprived of their political rights and who are on probation.
2. Criminals sentenced to parole, or serving sentence outside the prison but still under surveillance or criminals detained outside the prison.
3. People sentenced to serving their time outside the reformation-through-labor centers.
4. People allowed to seek medical treatment outside the detention and reformation center or people allowed to go out on leave.
Category Ten: Violent terrorists
1. Members of terrorist organizations.
2. People who provide support and assistance to terrorist organizations and their members.
3. Relatives of members of terrorist organizations or people who have close contact with members of terrorist organizations.
Category Eleven: Members of illegal organizations
1. Members of political organizations not legally registered.
2. People engaging in activities in the name of an organization that is not legally registered.
3. People from illegal organizations who use the Internet to establish ties with each other and who whip up discontent against the Party.
I guess as a dissident blogger like me you will not be allowed to attend the 5 Ring Circus. Also, if our Dear Leader reads this post, we will be disallowed under Cat 11 after the EFB passes – Kill the Bill!
very interesting, but I don’t agree with you
Comments are closed.