1. I’ve yet to meet a kid who’s earning more than 60% of the median wage
2. Actually, I might have but from memory they were right pricks
3. Isn’t it illegal for kids to work that much anyway?
4. The real problem is the parent’s income – not how much they get, but what they do with it. Too many beneficiaries spend their money on booze and flash cars and too little on the children they have. (Most of the cars outside the local WINZ are better than the one I drive at present.) I know parents who’s children would be no better off if their income tripled.
5. Also, what they do with what they buy. A good jacket can last for a day or years depending on the behavior of the wearer.