Liberty Scott has a list of self-serving excuses that the Democrats will almost certainly use after yesterday’s loss.
1. Opponents (or enemies) don’t believe in science or facts. They are stupid.
2. Democrats have been gutless and haven’t defended their “amazing achievements” well enough.
Personally, I’ve never considered writing big fat cheques to be any sort of “amazing achievement”, and it’s actually the other way around – those in the tea party understand those “achievements” all too well.
3. Democrats did the right thing, even though it is unpopular (oh yes, really hard decisions to spend more money they didn’t have).
4. It’s history, you always lose somewhat after 2 years. Nothing new.
5. Democrats were too moderate, not enough change. Not enough government.
To be fair, they did seem to have a hard time getting things done even though they did control the entire government. Rember that promise to close Gitmo in 1 year?
6. Democrats have communicated badly. It’s about marketing.
7. Evil big business and foreign (remember these are people who name others as racist) money is feeding the enemy. They aren’t real Americans looking after real Americans.
8. Racism. Why else would you oppose a Black President?
See also (1). Personally, I was suprised to see a lot less of the “tea party is racist” meme in the last few days.
9. The media is to blame, especially evil Fox News. It does a lousy job. It didn’t give Obama an easy run at all did it?
10. It’s Bush again. Yes all that small government rhetoric, so common wasn’t it?