I find the terms “rich” and “poor” to be mostly political terms, but there’s no doubt there are some habits here we could all consider fostering.
1. 70% of wealthy eat less than 300 junk food calories per day. 97% of poor people eat more than 300 junk food calories per day. 23% of wealthy gamble. 52% of poor people gamble.
Eat what you need, gamble only if you have money to waste.
2. 80% of wealthy are focused on accomplishing some single goal. Only 12% of the poor do this.
Single mindedness is undoubtedly needed if you want to achieve big things.
3. 76% of wealthy exercise aerobically 4 days a week. 23% of poor do this.
Paying attention to your health is important.
4. 63% of wealthy listen to audio books during commute to work vs. 5% for poor people.
A desire to keep learning is part of success.
Interestingly one of the first comments on the post was a grip about how the poor “could not afford” audio books. What nonsense, there’s plenty of good quality audio resources available on the internet these days for free – even if you can’t afford a few dollars for a book that might teach you something important.
5. 81% of wealthy maintain a to-do list vs. 19% for poor.
Focus on your priorities.
6. 63% of wealthy parents make their children read 2 or more non-fiction books a month vs. 3% for poor.
Encouraging your children to expand their horizons is as important as expanding your own.
7. 70% of wealthy parents make their children volunteer 10 hours or more a month vs. 3% for poor.
That’s an interesting one.
8. 80% of wealthy make hbd calls vs. 11% of poor
I have no idea what that is!
9. 67% of wealthy write down their goals vs. 17% for poor
Again, it’s a focus thing.
10. 88% of wealthy read 30 minutes or more each day for education or career reasons vs 2% for poor.
11. 6% of wealthy say what’s on their mind vs. 69% for poor.
Don’t just blurt out what you think if you want to get on with people who you might need in future.
12. 79% of wealthy network 5 hours or more each month vs. 16% for poor.
A fairly obvious one.
13. 67% of wealthy watch 1 hour or less of TV. every day vs. 23% for poor
TV is great for killing time, but there are better things to do if you want to succeed.
14. 6% of wealthy watch reality TV vs. 78% for poor.
I’m almost surprised it’s as high as 6%!
15. 44% of wealthy wake up 3 hours before work starts vs.3% for poor.
I’ll never be rich if that’s a requirement!
16. 74% of wealthy teach good daily success habits to their children vs. 1% for poor.
Another obvious one.
17. 84% of wealthy believe good habits create opportunity luck vs. 4% for poor.
18. 76% of wealthy believe bad habits create detrimental luck vs. 9% for poor.
Who was it that said, “the harder I work, the luckier I get”?
19. 86% of wealthy believe in life-long educational self-improvement vs. 5% for poor.
20. 86% of wealthy love to read vs. 26% for poor.
Knowledge is power.